Q: What to keep in mind when creating a new user?
A: As an administrator you are responsible for the maintenance of user accounts. When a new account is needed you can request Datlinq Support to do this. However sometimes there is more that needs to be done other than just creating an account for a new user to be able to start working with Salesmapp or Data Outlet properly. Here is a list of things that might also have to be done;
Consider what type of user needs to be created:
- When the new user is a Salesmapp only user a Data Outlet admin can simply create the new user in Data Outlet under admin/maintenance/users. Klick on “NEW” and follow the steps.
Select “class”; 1 and “User type”;
- If the user is a standard Data Outlet user follow the same steps, but select “Class; 2 and “User type”; DO-only.
- If the user is should be an admin user then select “Class; 4 and “User type”; DO-only.
After that contact Datlinq to make sure the new user has all the required user rights. Please find a comparable user which has the same rights as the new user should have to serve as an example.
There are a few other things to consider when creating a new user;
- Check if Regions (Account Manager, Responsible) need to be updated.
- Check if Company lists need to be updated or new lists to be created:
- Create new lists
- Update the settings for the auto fill if needed (only for dynamic company list)
- Update name of the company lists
- Assign lists to new user
- Check if any data should be transferred. If so; please make an overview of all the tranfers needed and contact Datlinq.
- Remember to delete any user accounts that have become obsolete.
- Add the new user to Dashboards (click here to see how this works)
If you need more information on how to actually do the above mentioned, please go to the Data Outlet Admin Section of this portal.
Please note that these topics are not always applicable for your organization.