Q: how do I create a new user for Data Outlet or Salesmapp as an admin?
A: you can create a new user as an admin by going to Admin > Maintenance > User > New:
Then you can add a new user. But first it is important to decide what kind of user you want to add and which rights the new user will get. If you've decided and have everything in place: fill out the details of the person:
When adding a user, think of this checklist:
- The username should be roughly the same as the others (if the others are all just last names, do the same)
- Make sure the password has at least: 1 capital letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 number and 8 characters.
- Make sure you fill out the right details of the person
- Check the e-mails checkbox if they should receive e-mails
- Make sure they are in the right database
- Give them the correct class
- Add the preferred language
- Give them a user type (Data Outlet, Salesmapp or both)
- Fill in your password
Congratulations: you added a new user.
Giving new users the correct policies.
The next step is giving the user the correct policies. With the policies you can give a user boundaries to what he can do in Data Outlet. It is important to make sure you give the same users the same rights.
E.g.: give Account Managers who use Data Outlet all the same rights. Additionally don't forget to write this down, so you can easily add the policies for the next user without checking constantly.